COVID-19 Client Protocol Statement
As we prepare to re-open our doors, we wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your ongoing support and understanding during this unusual time. This COVID-19 client protocol statement details the key steps that we are taking to keep you, our team and other clients safe in our salon and to allow us to continue to effectively offer our full range of beauty and skin treatments. There are a number of steps that we are kindly asking you to assist us with before, during and after your appointment to enable us to remain COVID SECURE, so please do continue to read through this document thoroughly.
We can fully appreciate that seeing these key steps written down may seem a little nervy but please be assured that we are confident we can safely welcome you back to our salon and please know that there is a warm and welcoming smile behind the masks and our knowledgable and friendly team are here to assist you at all times.
Before your appointment:
- Please read these documents. Your booking confirmation email will contain a link to this COVID-19 Client Protocol Statement alongside our client COVID-19 declaration and consent form. Please ensure that you read these documents thoroughly prior to attending your appointment to save time spent in the salon and ensure that you comply with the contents. By attending your appointment, you are confirming that you have read and agree to the contents of this statement. You will also be asked to sign a copy of the Client COVID-19 declaration and consent form on arrival at your appointment.
- Reschedule / Cancel. Please reschedule your appointment with as much notice as possible if you or anyone you have come into contact with; feel unwell, have symptoms of coronavirus (including a high temperature of over 37.8, new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste), have tested positive for coronavirus or are waiting for a test for coronavirus.
- Patch Testing. Some of our treatments require a patch test at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. An appointment is required for this. If possible, we will offer you a patch testing kit to collect and complete at home. Please kindly note that even if you have had the treatment before it is likely that you will need a new patch test to comply with our insurance, please be understanding to this.
- Attend alone. We kindly ask that you do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment (including babies or children). If you do require a carer present during your appointment, please advise us at time of booking.
- Arrival time. In order to minimise your exposure to other clients and to allow us to schedule clients effectively please kindly arrive for your appointment on time (not too early, not late!). Our waiting area will be closed to limit the number of people in the salon, if you are not on time for your appointment there may be occasions where we may need to ask you to briefly wait outside of the reception door. You will see markers on the pavement so that we can see you are here and at the correct time a member of our team will open the door for you and welcome you into the salon.
- PPE. It is preferable if you can bring your own face mask to your appointment, please put this on before entering the salon. If you do not have a mask, please don’t worry as we can supply you with one once you are inside the salon. Should any other PPE be applicable during your treatment, this will be provided for you.
- Sanitise. Upon entry to the salon you will be asked to sanitise your hands using our automatic touch-less sanitising station.
- Personal Belongings. Please try to minimise the possessions that you bring into the salon to avoid contamination of surfaces etc. Please do not bring bulky coats or large bags into the salon. We will not be able to offer to take your coat, our cloakroom will be out of use.
- Maintain safe distancing. Whilst it may not be possible to maintain a safe distance during your treatment, at all other times please ensure that you comply with safe distancing and stay 2 metres apart from other clients and staff.
- Intensive industrial cleaning. Prior to reopening, the entire salon will undergo a full machine fog disinfectant clean and alongside our regular professional cleans this will continue every month to ensure we are taking all precautions to keep our clients and team safe.
Additional safety measures:
We have implemented a number of additional changes to increase safety for you and our team within the salon.
- Our team will be wearing appropriate PPE which may include face masks, face shields, gloves and aprons and we will continue to maintain a strict regime of hand washing and sanitisation.
- Hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser are available in all treatment rooms and areas of the salon.
- Perspex screens have been installed on our reception desk and manicure stations as additional precautionary measures. More so, for peace of mind.
- We have always maintained the highest level of general hygiene and cleanliness within the salon and this will continue. Treatment areas will be fully disinfected after each use. Disposable items will be used where possible and any reusable tools will undergo medical grade disinfection.
- Any frequently touched surfaces in our communal areas such as door handles etc, will be regularly disinfected in accordance with our cleaning protocol.
- All soft furnishings have been removed from treatment rooms to allow for these areas to be easily and quickly disinfected after each client.
- Please be assured that for any treatments where we do continue to use towels, these are laundered with effective elimination of any bacteria or viruses.
- All hot drinks are suspended. We are able to provide bottled water only.
- Our bathroom facility will be available for use as normal. This will be cleaned and disinfected after every use.
During your treatment:
- Consultation Forms. If applicable, we have added enough time for you to complete your consultation form within your treatment time. This will be done within one of our treatment rooms. Not in our reception area.
- Masks. For facial treatments you will be asked to remove your mask once the treatment begins. Your therapist will continue to wear all appropriate PPE throughout your treatment.
After your treatment:
- Card payments only. We are not accepting cash payments. We have increased our contactless limit to £45.00 to encourage contactless payment where possible. There is also no limit on apple pay contactless payments.
- Retail. Our retail area will still be open to allow for the purchase of products and our team will be able to assist you with your purchases, please do continue to abide by safe distancing rules.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and that of our team. These measures are intended to manage risk and cannot be assumed to completely eliminate the risk of contracting the virus. We will continue to monitor the government’s advice and we will amend our new protocols as necessary. The latest Government advice is available here: www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
We truly value your continued support to enable us to be able to provide our services and to allow our business to continue to thrive in these difficult times. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or questions and your suggestions are welcomed.
Essential Beauty Salon & Spa